The board packet for the November 25, 2014, meeting of the NSJFPD Board of Directors is now available for download at the left of this page.
The North San Juan Fire Protection District has an opening for a District Secretary.
Position: District Secretary
Compensation/Hours: Starting salary $16/hr; 15-20 hrs/wk, minimum of 3 days/wk; flexible work schedule; number of hours can increase/decrease depending upon need and approval of Board/Fire Chief.
• Lives within the District
• Ability to work independently
• Maintain confidentiality
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Competency in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Outlook, Word, Access)
• Familiarity with website management helpful
• Ability to work effectively with other agencies, the community, and District/Department personnel
Performs a variety of clerical, secretarial and administrative duties. Using excellent communication skills, establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Department/District officials, the District Manager, and all members of the general public. Reports to the District Board and to the Department Fire Chief.
• Acts as Secretary to the District Board
• Prepares board packets for all Board meetings; posts and distribute agendas; performs as recording secretary for monthly board meetings
• Writes/prepares Ordinances and Resolutions in accordance with State Law
• Files appropriate forms with Nevada County and State government
• Responds to requests from the public in a timely and professional manner. Follows legal guidelines in releasing confidential or sensitive information, ensuring release only to authorized parties
• Performs general secretarial duties.
• Answers and screens incoming calls and visitors.
• Maintains incident statistics, paid-call reimbursement records, firefighter personnel files, and department rosters/duty schedules
• Reminds firefighters of pending certification expirations
• Issues permits
• Serves on committees as requested
• Performs other duties as requested by District Board/Fire Chief
Do you recycle printer cartridges?
Probably not, and they end up in the trash like ours used to. But no more! If you will drop off used cartridges (any brand or size) at Station 3 on Tyler Foote, the department will recycle them for you, and will receive three bucks each in the process! So make a painless contribution to your firefighters! Every little bit adds up and really helps!
Note: Many of the documents available on this site, including the budget and the District map, are in PDF format. If Acrobat Reader is not installed on your computer, you can download it free by clicking here.