Burn permits can be completed online HERE
Burn permits can also be issued in person by appointment only, please call ahead: 292-9159
For information on identifying Safety Zones, click HERE
In response to the Covid-19 Pandemic, North San Juan Fire Protection District has taken the following steps to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff and the Community we serve:
- Established a Covid-19 Task Force, comprised of Chief Officers and Medical Supervisors, that meets weekly.
- All firefighters/staff wear face coverings, use hand sanitizer, receive temperature checks, regularly disinfect surfaces, and practice social distancing while on duty or at Department facilities. Staff are encouraged to follow these same guidelines while off-duty as well.
- The Residence at Station 3 is reserved for on-duty personnel only.
- Obtained PPE (personal protective equipment) and disinfecting materials for firefighters.
- Developed a contingency Draw Down Plan so we are prepared to continue responding to calls even if some staff are exposed to Coronavirus and unable.
- The District Office continues to be closed to the public. Non-emergency services can be accommodated by appointment only.
We urge the community to take this seriously. Protecting yourselves and your loved ones helps flatten the curve and ensure the North San Juan Fire Protection District can continue to serve in our current capacity.
NEVADA COUNTY HAZARDOUS VEGETATION ABATEMENT ORDINANCE
Hazardous Vegetation Ordinance
DEFENSIBLE SPACE INFORMATION
State of California
Public Resource Code
FIRST FIREWISE USA™ COMMUNITY INFORMATION
The NFPA certified “Salmon Mine-East Sages” neighborhood challenges your neighborhood to join in the fight to minimize destruction from wildland fire.
Click on the links below for more information on Firewise USA™ benefits and opportunities.
If you’re interested in engaging your neighborhood in this process, please call us at 292-9159. Everyone benefits when you become a Firewise USA™ Community.