BURN PERMITS REQUIRED – EFFECTIVE MAY 1st
Homeowners should always check with Northern Sierra Air Quality Management District before burning. You may call them at (530) 274-7928 to find out if it is a permissive burn day in your area. Download an educational fact sheet for information on debris burning safety.
Please click on the link below for permit guidelines and information from CALFire
NEW BOARD MEMBER
North San Juan Fire would like to introduce Freya Johnson, our newest board member. Freya joins us upon the resignation of Marilyn Mociun; finishing out her term that expires in November of 2018.
COMMUNITY FIRE PLAN
The North San Juan Board of Directors has recently updated our Community Fire Plan. Your input is vital to the process and we welcome/invite you to review the document and send comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org or join us at our April Board Meeting, Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 7:00 PM (13200 Tyler Foote Rd.).
CLICK LINK BELOW TO VIEW DOCUMENT
Community Fire Plan *DRAFT*
Monday through Friday 10: 00 AM to 3:00 PM
Remember to change the batteries in your smoke detector(s) when you change your clocks for daylight savings time.
Smoke Alarm Tips:
- Test smoke alarms once a month
- Replace batteries in all smoke alarms twice a year (when you change your clocks for daylight savings time)
- Never remove the batteries from smoke alarms, not even temporarily
- Regularly vacuum or dust smoke alarms to keep them working properly
- Replace smoke alarms every 10 years
- Don’t paint over smoke alarms
- Practice family fire drills so everyone knows what to do if the smoke alarm goes off
If you have any questions regarding the installation and maintenance of smoke alarms, or if you have any other questions about how to protect yourself and your household in the event of a fire, please feel free to contact us at (530) 292-9159.