Effective May 24, 2021, the Burn Ban is in effect, all burning is suspended.
We would like to thank our community members that have followed the Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and received the Covid-19 vaccine. North San Juan Fire Protection District will continue to wear masks and appropriate personal protective equipment when providing patient contact and will continue to serve the entire community, regardless of vaccination status. However, we strongly urge every community member to get vaccinated as that is the best way to protect the whole community from further spread of this dangerous virus.
For information on identifying Safety Zones, click HERE
In response to the Covid-19 Pandemic, North San Juan Fire Protection District has taken the following steps to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff and the Community we serve:
- Established a Covid-19 Task Force, comprised of Chief Officers and Medical Supervisors, that meets weekly.
- All firefighters/staff wear face coverings, use hand sanitizer, receive temperature checks, regularly disinfect surfaces, and practice social distancing while on duty or at Department facilities. Staff are encouraged to follow these same guidelines while off-duty as well.
- The Residence at Station 3 is reserved for on-duty personnel only.
- Obtained PPE (personal protective equipment) and disinfecting materials for firefighters.
- Developed a contingency Draw Down Plan so we are prepared to continue responding to calls even if some staff are exposed to Coronavirus and unable.
- The District Office continues to be closed to the public. Non-emergency services can be accommodated by appointment only.
We urge the community to take this seriously. Protecting yourselves and your loved ones helps flatten the curve and ensure the North San Juan Fire Protection District can continue to serve in our current capacity.
NEVADA COUNTY HAZARDOUS VEGETATION ABATEMENT ORDINANCE
Hazardous Vegetation Ordinance
Amended Hazardous Vegetation Abatement Ordinance
DEFENSIBLE SPACE INFORMATION
State of California
Public Resource Code
FIRST FIREWISE USA™ COMMUNITY INFORMATION
The NFPA certified “Salmon Mine-East Sages” neighborhood challenges your neighborhood to join in the fight to minimize destruction from wildland fire.
Click on the links below for more information on Firewise USA™ benefits and opportunities.
If you’re interested in engaging your neighborhood in this process, please call us at 292-9159. Everyone benefits when you become a Firewise USA™ Community.