Volunteer as a Firefighter/Trainee
We are seeking volunteer firefighters and administrative/facilities support personnel able to contribute skills and who wish to learn new ones to meet the challenge of providing emergency service in the 21st century. No experience is required; men and women of any age over 18 including seniors are welcome. Those under 18 should consider our Explorer firefighter program.
Click here to download Firefighter Application.
We have an active Auxiliary, which helps us in many ways:
- They raise funds for special equipment, protective gear or to help equip our stations;
- They organize and help run our annual community Mother’s Day Breakfast;
- They sometimes arrange for meals or refreshments at emergency events of long duration;
- They sometimes provide child care for firefighters with young children when an emergency incident requires such help;
- They help with office and administrative tasks or with maintenance and repair tasks at District stations.
- Membership is open to both men and women.
Please consider helping us. Call the Department Office at Station 3, (530)292-9159, for information on joining or helping the Auxiliary.
Periodically we need citizen volunteers to serve on ad hoc committees dealing with specific tasks. Such needs are explained in “Rescue North San Juan,” the District newsletter published twice each year. This web site will also indicate such needs on the home page. Please consider volunteering when the need arises.